Nocturnal Gaming Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the Nocturnal Gaming Roleplay Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Think of this

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TurlyTon

Think of this Empty
PostSubject: Think of this   Think of this EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Give me 5 good reasons why max would shut the server down...
It's silly and unreasonable to take something out on the staff and members of this community because of something happening...
If this is serious, add [PG][DGC]Turlington on Steam, I never want to forget my first proper online friends, but I have moved on to serious roleplay now, I am still constantly online and can help you in dire situations

Anyway back to the point...
5 good reasons... EACH
Back to top Go down
http://www.1227.com
Mr. Cat

Mr. Cat

Think of this Empty
PostSubject: MY ANSWER   Think of this EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Royt, (as they say in Birmingham): CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!#

Consider this,
It is a mammoth, and horrific task to monitor, update, pay for and keep the server quality up to scratch. As of recent, most of the 'oldies' have either left, or just hang around causing problems. There are next to no mods are admins ever on who do their jobs. Me and Dark Heart WERE mods, but in his fit of rage yesterday, we were demoted, blocked and unfriended for no reason. Shortly after, all hell breaks loose. Propwars everywhere. Nobody to stop them... WHat happens? A torrant of pleas' and moaning is directed towards Max, who probably has better things to do, then sort out the petulant children. While simply saying: 'ZOMG, Just make more mods and admins Max OMG!', consider the fact that there are no REAL players Max can trust to monitor the server 24/7. yes, people will screech constantly about how they have been here years, know the rules etc... But the fact remains that most of the trustworthy and faithful people such as Alex, Ducky and Han have got better things to do. In Alexs' case yes, the typhoon of nonsensical rumours would probably make anyone leave, and I can both sympathise and support Alexs' decision to leave the server.
But back to topic, it its sad that Max wants it over.
Am I sad? Yes.
Will I try and stop him? No.
I think he is completely within his rights to close it. ANd has a pretty good reason. Most of the time, it is virtually empty. When it is populated, the cretinous freaks arrive. By clsing it I can only imagine max would lose a lot of the pressure and stress he has on his plate.

So leave him, think of it from his viewpoint and look for somewhere new. By all means stay in contact or move elsewhere with people. But do not pine for max to keep the server. Respect his final decision and live with it.

Mr Cat
Gobshite
Back to top Go down
Lookforme

Think of this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think of this   Think of this EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Cat you're right its time to move on people! Add Lookforme on steam I am going server hunting to try and find a new server to be regular on. Who knows? Maybe i might even find a substitute for Nocturnal! We are all going to have to do it eventually we CANT play on a server with no authorial figures on it to regulate the rule breakers.
Back to top Go down
TurlyTon

Think of this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think of this   Think of this EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Lookforme wrote:
Cat you're right its time to move on people! Add Lookforme on steam I am going server hunting to try and find a new server to be regular on. Who knows? Maybe i might even find a substitute for Nocturnal! We are all going to have to do it eventually we CANT play on a server with no authorial figures on it to regulate the rule breakers.
He's right, but I want my 50 pounds back then, seeing as it was used for such a shirt time and not to its full extent.
Back to top Go down
TurlyTon

Think of this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think of this   Think of this EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Mr. Cat wrote:
Royt, (as they say in Birmingham): CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!#

Consider this,
It is a mammoth, and horrific task to monitor, update, pay for and keep the server quality up to scratch. As of recent, most of the 'oldies' have either left, or just hang around causing problems. There are next to no mods are admins ever on who do their jobs. Me and Dark Heart WERE mods, but in his fit of rage yesterday, we were demoted, blocked and unfriended for no reason. Shortly after, all hell breaks loose. Propwars everywhere. Nobody to stop them... WHat happens? A torrant of pleas' and moaning is directed towards Max, who probably has better things to do, then sort out the petulant children. While simply saying: 'ZOMG, Just make more mods and admins Max OMG!', consider the fact that there are no REAL players Max can trust to monitor the server 24/7. yes, people will screech constantly about how they have been here years, know the rules etc... But the fact remains that most of the trustworthy and faithful people such as Alex, Ducky and Han have got better things to do. In Alexs' case yes, the typhoon of nonsensical rumours would probably make anyone leave, and I can both sympathise and support Alexs' decision to leave the server.
But back to topic, it its sad that Max wants it over.
Am I sad? Yes.
Will I try and stop him? No.
I think he is completely within his rights to close it. ANd has a pretty good reason. Most of the time, it is virtually empty. When it is populated, the cretinous freaks arrive. By clsing it I can only imagine max would lose a lot of the pressure and stress he has on his plate.

So leave him, think of it from his viewpoint and look for somewhere new. By all means stay in contact or move elsewhere with people. But do not pine for max to keep the server. Respect his final decision and live with it.

Mr Cat
Gobshite
Fair enough, but most servers that are unpopular because of the names, or the fact that its DarkRP like one had a bad name and had no players and one harped a sexy name and loads of players. A name change or a gamemode change, seriousRP would cost lots but would be worth it. Meh, you'd get players on a PERP server but DarkRP has not been getting many players recently...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Think of this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think of this   Think of this Empty

Back to top Go down

Think of this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nocturnal Gaming Roleplay :: General Discussion-
Jump to: